We are a fundamentals analytics company that provides consulting and advisory services to the energy industry. We focus on the markets for natural gas, natural gas liquids and crude oil. Most of our consulting work deals with acquisitions/divestitures and strategy development.
Over the past year, RBN Energy has prepared and delivered a broad range of consulting engagements working primarily with companies engaged in trading, marketing or purchasing of energy commodities and the purchase/sale of energy related assets.
Examples of Recent RBN Energy Consulting Projects
- RBN Energy conducted an assessment of North America natural gas liquids supply and demand for a major petrochemical producer. This study included the outlook for natural gas production, NGL production, processing capacity, fractionation capacity and demand for each of the five primary NGL markets.
- RBN Energy advised a major midstream company regarding an investment in gas pipeline, crude oil pipeline and gas processing facilities. The project included a detailed analysis of several regional pipelines, including connected supply, connected markets, rate structures, firm transportation contracts, and flow patterns. In addition RBN Energy assessed the competitiveness of each of the midstream assets involved and assisted in the valuation process for a prospective transaction.
- As part of a crude oil acquisition strategy development project for a Rockies region refiner, RBN Energy evaluated alternative crude supply sources including crude production volumes, crude qualities, pipeline/rail/truck transportation alternatives, evolving pipeline flow and capacity trends, and the outlook for changes in regional pricing differentials.
- RBN Energy was retained by a manufacturer of midstream assets to assist in the development of strategic plans and market data collection systems. The analysis included market needs for new natural gas processing and fractionation capacity, the key economic drivers for gas processing profitability, and an assessment of business trends which could have a detrimental impact on the company’s customer base.
- RBN Energy conducted a market assessment of the need for NGL export capabilities based on production growth, demand trends and pipeline transportation constraints.
- RBN Energy was engaged by a large natural gas utility to assess the potential for extending the company’s business into natural gas liquids markets.
- RBN conduced an analysis of the crude oil terminal market in the Williston Basin and assisted in the evaluation of an acquisition in the region.